Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Save Money Using Bulk Single Herbs


Bulk single herbs are 10% off for the rest of the month and you might be thinking, big deal, what kind of a sale is that? The first thing you have to know is that there is very little markup on the bulk herbs, so an extra 10% helps. The second thing is that these are of the best quality that you are going to find on the market. Western Botanicals asks us not to list if they are organic or wild crafted, because the availability changes from time to time. Overall, most of the bulk herbs are organic. If organic is not available then they get the next best thing which is wild crafted which is just about as good as organic. We have had excellent feedback from customers concerning the quality of the bulk herbs, so you know you are getting the best that you can for the money.

About 90% of the herbs that we sell are the prepared herbs and for most people that is what they want. But for people that really want/need to save money, buying bulk herbs and making your own herbal preparations can really save you a lot of money. Bulk herbs can be used to make your own formulas, extracts, ointments, oils, teas, fomentations and more. If you have a favorite tea you like to drink that is a single herb, buy it in bulk and save because you pay a lot for those little tea bags.

I was taking an order recently and the customer wanted the Super Garlic Immune Formula and they mentioned that they had a friend that was recommending it. I asked if she had ever tasted it because it is about the worst tasting thing I have ever eaten. It gets better over time though, I can take it down without much problem, but I worry about people getting it and not knowing beforehand. Then she asked if it is available in capsules, w

hich it is, from Western Botanicals as Anti Plague. She said that her friend just gets the dry ingredients and makes her own capsules. I thought that was a great idea, so on the Mix Your Own Formula page I have added an Anti-Plague kit in powder form adding the Garlic Powder to make it complete. Buy one of each item, mix them together and you

have saved a lot of money to get a great formula for colds, flu, virus and over all immune support.

You can capsulize about 1500 ‘0’ capsules or 1000 ‘00’ capsules out of a pound of powdered herbs. The Anti-Plague kit makes three pounds of powder, so to compare with Western Botanicals bottled Anti Plague you would spend $65.58 for 3 lbs. of powder and $99.75 for 5000 ‘0’ vegicaps for a total of $165.33 and a good amount of work you could make the equivalent of about 38 prepared bottles of Anti-Plague capsules that would cost $566.96 plus shipping. If you decided to do this, you really need to capsulize them right away, because that keeps them from oxydizing and they should be fine if you use them in 5 to 10 years stored in a cool dry place. We have a great little capsule machine and I find that it works better with the vegicaps.

In the cup I have

my fresh squeezed orange juice, Jurassic Green, Maca Root, Ginkgo, Herbal Calcium and Acai Berry powder that I mix with a great stick blender. This is what I drink every morning. I recently added the Maca Root which I learned is an adaptogen that regulates and supports endocrine health. Maca helps the metabolism, energy levels, growth, sexual development and the sense of well being and attitude. Ginkgo helps brain function. Acai Berry is high in antioxidants to keep the immune system strong. The Herbal Calcium is from the Mix Your Own Formula as Calc Tea page, which makes 3.5 lbs of powder that will last my husband and I about six months for a cost of $48.00.


The Herbal Preparations and Natural Therapies DVD & book is a great way to learn how to make your own herbal products. I have a great sense of accomplishment when I able able to make some of the herbals that my family uses. I wish I had this when I started making my own

preparations, it is great to be able to step by step learn from the DVD vs. reading just from a book and trying to figure out what they are talking about. This set would be a great gift item for the coming holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for answering my question so eloquently! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete