Monday, September 7, 2009

Zucchini Bread Recipe

We went to a family reunion over the weekend, I usually sign up to bring a dessert so that there is a treat I feel good about eating. After eating lunch I was walking over to talk to two of my cousins who were discussing a piece of cake that they eaten. As I walked up they asked me if that was my Zucchini cake that they had eaten. I said yes, and they said we knew it was yours, it looked so healthy and tasted so good, and they knew because it had coconut in it. They had both gone over to get another piece but it was all gone. It is a bread recipe that I had baked it in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and took a bottle of whipped cream to use for the topping. I hope you enjoy it too.

Zucchini Bread
Mix together:
3 eggs
1 cup butter, I use 1/2 c butter 1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups raw honey or 2 cups organic sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini, a little extra is ok, I just use what I have up to 3 cups
1 cup organic coconut

In a separate bowl whisk together:
3 cups whole wheat flour (I use sprouted whole wheat flour)
1 tsp. Real Salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Rumford baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon, or a little more if you really like it

Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix until just blended. Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees. Mini pans about 40 min. Regular loaf pan 45 - 50 min. 9x13 pan about 45 min.

I modified this recipe from a great cookbook I recently got called At Tiffany's Table. All the recipe's use honey as a sweetner, whole grains, wholesome recipes. I love this cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment