Thursday, September 3, 2009

Accidental Poisoning

I love my pets and have been talking for years about treating them successfully with herbs. The other night we had some guests over for dinner and one of them is on seizure medicine. He accidently dropped a pill on the floor and before he could even bend down to pick it up our dog Suzy gulped it down. I called poison control and they told me the signs to look for but didn't know what it would do to a dog. I happened to have some Activated Charcoal in my cupboard, so I dipped one in butter and Suzy gulped it down as well. She seemed a bit hyper before we went to bed but settled down and in the morning thankfully was still with us. Activated charcoal is estimated to reduce absorption of poisonous substances up to 60%, and works by adsorbing chemicals, through the entire length of the stomach and small and large intestines (GI tract). I'm happy that I had it on hand to give at the moment that it was needed.
We sell this and other great herbs at Herbs First. You can order Activated Charcoal on our Nature's Way Favorites page.

No comments:

Post a Comment