Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergies

    My seasonal allergies have been much better over the years but the worst time for me has always been the end of April and into May when all those lovely Lilac bushes are blooming. Unfortunately someone brought a big bouquet of lilacs to church and I was around them for more than three hours. I was doing fine on Sunday but the next day my eyes were really suffering from the itchies and nothing was calming them down.

Garden Essence Oils Peppermint    I happened to be looking on my facebook page and my niece mentioned that she was having seasonal allergy problems and was using equal parts of lemon, lavender  and peppermint essential oils. I had never heard about using oils for allergies, so I looked it up and it looked like it would work. I got out an atomizer bottle and mixed the three oils in it and got the diffuser going. I had it coming on every ten minutes the first day and I would go in and get my nose right over it and breathe it in. After a couple of hours the itchiness in my eyes calmed right down.

Garden Essence OIls Lavender    I have kept the diffuser going for 5 minutes every 20 minutes for the past week and have not had a flare up. I have been amazed to have no allergy problems when I have left my home. I really like the smell of the three oils together, when normally lavender is not one I enjoy. These three essential oils help clear the breathing, calm the inflammatory response and boosts the immune system. I am sold on the effectiveness of using essential oils to fight off allergy symptoms. Basil, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree oil are also oils that work well for allergies.

Advanced Aromatherapy diffuser    I love the Advanced Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser. I use the oils full strength in the diffuser to get the most medicinal value out of them. I put 30 drops of each of the three oils into the atomizer bottle over a week ago and it is still using them running 24 hours a day.

Order online at Herbs First, or phone in your order 801-228-1901.

Have a great month!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment