Thursday, April 7, 2016

Goldenseal Combination, my new favorite flu remedy!

    On Easter Sunday we had no indication that we were going to be sick. We went to church, had lunch with family and visited throughout the day. We headed home about 5:00 and I noticed that my husband Don’s voice sounded a bit like he was getting a cold. By the time we got home Don had to have a nap and when got up a while later he was feeling a bit worse. He took a hot bath and took Immu-Defense in hopes of burning it off, but by the time he went to bed he was feeling quite sick.

Goldenseal Combiation     Don missed work the next day, and I was feeling a bit of a sore throat so took the Immu-Defense throughout the day.  I was out running errands after work and even though I had a few more things to do felt like I just needed to go home. I could tell something was trying to get me, so I started taking my home-made Anti-Plague syrup (Super Garlic Immune) every 15 minutes. After four hours of this and no change in how I felt I opened our herb cabinet and my hand went directly to Western Botanicals Goldenseal Combination, which was formerly called Flu & Virus. I took a dose, and went to bed where Don had been all day.

    Within a short period of time I could feel the difference in my body from the Goldenseal Combination, so I kept taking it. When Don roused I had him start taking it as well. We both kept taking Goldenseal Combination all night long. I woke up about 10:00 am the next morning and felt so much improved that I was able to work, Don on the other hand still slept half the day since it had settled into his lungs. He added Dr. Christopher's Lung & Bronchial to help clear the lungs.

    I was pretty surprised that the Anti-Plague/Immu-Defense didn’t work for us, because it has been our stand-by for years. Maybe our bodies became a bit too accustomed to the herbs in it and needed something else. I always keep a variety of formulas for illness in the cabinet and rotate them, such as Dr. Christopher's Infection Formula, Immune System Formula, and Western Botanicals Immu-Defense and Immune Boost, etc. This time I’m happy that we had the Goldenseal Combination, and this formula will be one that I will always keep on hand.

    We always find it is best to stay on the formula that is working for a week or two after being sick. This helps us to not relapse and rebuilds the immune system back up.
     
Order online at Herbs First, or phone in your order 801-228-1901.

Have a great month!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment