Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Herbs for Allergies and Hayfever Season


Allergy Season started early due to a milder winter this year and that is not good news for people that struggle with seasonal allergies.  I am one of those people.  I sometimes feel like I must have done something really really bad at some time in my life to be punished with this!  It is truly a horrible thing to go through. I am figuring out what works for me even though I end up having a few of those days that I would like to just die.  Those of you that have allergies likely have days like that too!  Not fun.

girl using Neti-Pot    A few years ago the Neti Pots were all the rage on the talk shows and it cracked me up to see this procedure done on so many shows.  Add a small scoop of salt to the pot and add water and rinse each nostril - I add xyletol to the salt which helps to kill bacteria.  It sounds pretty strange to let water run from one side of your nose and out the other, but if you haven’t tried this then you may be missing out on a big piece of the puzzle for allergy and sinus sufferers. I’m amazed at the difference in my sinus health, this is something I was a bit wishy-washy on for awhile, but I am hooked and sticking with it now. Before using it daily I would have one Eustachian tube that would clog up and affect my hearing, but that is not the case anymore.  It only takes a couple of minutes a day and is very affordable to do.  So if you have allergies and sinus issues this is something that is well worth adding in to your daily routine.  Note that tap water in some areas have bacteria in it, so it may be best to boil the water or use distilled water.

Sinus Plus    A lot of people will be happy to know that Christopher’s Sinus Plus Formula is back in stock.  Sinus Plus works as a decongestant and natural antihistamine to dry up the sinuses and clear up the allergies.  If you are looking for natural relief, you have found it.  Available in capsules and extract.

Immucalm    Immucalm is one I use throughout allergy season, it calms the “itchies” wheather it is in your throat or your eyes.  My eyes were super itchy last night and I took some Immucalm as I was going to bed.  It wasn’t long before I felt the itchiness just drift away.  I slept well and woke up feeling great, what a relief! Immucalm is available in capsules and extract as Kid-e-Soothe. 

Lung and Bronchial    Lung and Bronchial is one that I need on those days that I’m coughing and have mucus in my throat which is common for people with allergies.  Lung & Bronchial is wonderful for people with asthma to keep the lungs clear on an every day basis.  I use it during allergy season as well as the winter months to keep my lungs heatlhy.  Available in capsules.

Adrenal    There are some days that the allergies make me very tired and lethargic and this is due to the body fighting so hard so overcome the problem.  Those are the days to take some extra Adrenal formula.  I always take it in the morning, but will add a dose between 1:00 - 2:00 in the afternoon to help me get through the day.  This is also my favorite to take on vacation to help overcome jet-lag.  Available in capsules.

Sinus Allergy    Since we have been out of Christopher’s Sinus Plus I had the opportunity to try Western Botanicals Allergy formula and Sinus Allergy Formula.  People are different and some things work better than others, but I have found that their Sinus Allergy Formula works very well for me. It’s always nice to know if we are out of stock on Christopher’s that Western Botanicals Formulas do a great job.  Both formulas are available in capsules, alcohol extract and syrup.

EFA Blend    Allergies hit my eyes extra hard due to the fact that I have dry eyes.  This has not been a fun thing to have and I have been working for years on my diet and herbal supplements to figure out what I need to take care of this problem.  Recently in talking about Nature’s Way EFA Blend for Children that we suggest for ADD/ADHD kids, I noticed that it is for Eye and Brain Function.  I decided that I would start taking this and see if it would make any difference in my eyes.  I started it a month ago, which is when my allergies were first manifesting themselves.  I am quite amazed at the difference it has been to my eyes.  I had been taking them twice a day, but lately have found that I do better taking it three times a day.  I have to use lots of eye drops during the day and night to keep my eyes hydrated enough, and am finding with the EFA Blend that I am not needing to use the eye drops as often.  The oils in the blend are anti-inflammatory, inflammation is a big part of the dry eye issue.  I look forward to seeing what this will continue to do for my eyes, so far I am very impressed.  Available in capsules.

    If you struggle with seasonal allergies I hope that you will enjoy using some of these great formulas.  You can order online at Herbs First or call in an order at 801-228-1901.

No comments:

Post a Comment