Monday, October 24, 2011

Tea Tree Oil to the Rescue!

Over the past few months I have had a strange problem with the inside of my
cheeks. It hurt like a canker hurts, but was just about the entire cheek on both sides of the inside of my mouth. My cheeks looked a bit red and not really like a canker, just felt like a huge one. I started out with taking l-Lysine which is what usually helps for cankers, and it cleared up for a while but then came back. It burned incredibly when I ate any fresh foods such as tomatoes, strawberries, oranges, etc. Not fun at all.

I have used Tea Tree Oil in the past for cankers, so I started just putting a drop or two on my toothbrush at night. Tea Tree Oil is the essential oil from the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia. This oil is anti-fungal, antibacterial, antibiotic, anti-microbial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. Tea Tree Oil should be in any home and used for any infection or skin problem that crops up, so in this case a good one to try.

Tea Tree OilTea Tree Oil really isn’t a tasty option, but I was clueless what the problem was, so decided to give it a whirl. First thing I noticed after a few days is that my teeth looked whiter. My two eye teeth have always been a bit darker in color than my other teeth, but now they are all the same color. I haven’t bleached my teeth, so they are just a nice clean natural color that I am now very happy with. I have had to continue with the Tea Tree Oil on my toothbrush nightly, but after about a month the insides of my cheeks finally cleared up.

I have also had a funny bumpy spot on my elbow that I have used Tea Tree Oil on, as well as other oils, all the ointments, etc. I quit messing with it a few weeks ago, got tired of nothing working, but the Tea Tree Oil that I was getting internally through brushing my teeth and having it in my mouth finally did the trick. It has almost cleared up and by the looks of it should be back to normal in the next few days.

Tea Tree Oil is a great little oil to have on hand, I keep the 2 oz bottle in the house and the 15 ml. for the travel kit. You
can really get your money’s worth out of a bottle, well worth it to have when you need it.

I love natural medicine. I can try things on myself that cost very little, and if they don’t work they don’t hurt you. More often than not, they work and we save ourselves a lot of time and money by taking care of ourselves at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment