Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coconut Oil, the Healthy Oil

It is interesting when two people get married that were raised in different families discover the kind of diet they will eat in their home. When my husband and I got married I mentioned that I eat wheat bread and he said he was ok with wheat bread. He won on on mayonnaise vs. Miracle Whip issue when after a year or so of buying both I gave in to mayo. We now use Grapeseed Oil Veganaise which is certainly abetter choice and we both feel the cost is worth it.

Over the years there has been a lot of talk about the fats that are good to use. Fast food restaurants were forced by the FDA to quit using animal fat to fry their foods and to use fats that were deemed to be the good fats. We now know that those supposedly good fats change when heated, making all foods fried in them very unhealthy.
Coconut oil has been known as a healthy oil for many years, but a controversy was created making coconut oil look like one of the bad oils. The truth won out and now most people know that coconut oil is good for you.
Coconut Oil
I bought a gallon of coconut oil two years ago and have become a total coconut oil addict. I use it for everything, making breads, cookies, cakes and other baked foods. For making oven fries, stir fries, and on vegetables where I would normally use butter. Coconut oil does not form harmful byproducts when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do. Coconut oil doesn’t turn into fat in the body, the body burns it as fuel as it is taken in. And the biggest thing I like about coconut oil is that it just makes everything you eat taste so good. I go through about 4 gallons a year for my small family, I know a few large families that use a gallon a month!

When people taste the things I cook they often want the recipe. I am just using my normal recipes and using coconut oil in place of what ever oil is listed. It is great to know that we are using a fat that is healthy and won’t make us fat when we eat it. Read more at Herbs First about the
many health benefits of using coconut oil. We have great pricing, only $55.00 per gallon with special shipping of only $10.00 for up to ten gallons shipped to the same address in the continental United States. Order some today!

You can purchase these and other great healing products at Herbs First.

No comments:

Post a Comment