Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now.....

Herb Lectures
I love listening to Dr. Christopher and I learn something new every time I do. If you have ever called The School of Natural Healing and been put on hold they have a recording of Dr. Christopher to listen to while you wait. I enjoy that so much that I almost wish they wouldn’t answer. Funny thing is, I have the Herbal Lectures CD’s so can listen to them at any time. One of the things that Dr. Christopher would say to people when he had his practice as he handed them the herbs
is “this is a do it yourself plan”. In other words, here are the herbs, go home and do it and heal yourself. If people followed through they would get better, and if they didn’t follow his plan they wouldn’t get well.
Herbal Eyebright Ext. We just want to go to the doctor and have him/her make it all better, even with eye problems. If you have enough money you can go and get your eyes lasered so that you can see without glasses or contacts. People do that all the time and it works well for them. I would love to just sit in a chair for a few minutes and have my eyes lasered, but I am not a candidate for it.

I’ve known about Dr. Christopher’s program for eyes for quite a few years and have used it from time to time, but not followed through long enough to get the results that I need. Over the last few years my vision has gotten worse and I’ve bought reading glasses for about every room in the house. Reading has gotten so hard and just seeing in general has been very blurry. I had a little talk with myself and decided that I need to faithfully use the
Herbal Eyebright eyewash for at least six months. I have three different problems with my eyes that I know about but likely more. I have had dry eyes for years and with that I have gotten ulcers on the cornea, which causes scarring. The eye drops that I used to calm the ulcers down caused cataracts. I’m not sure what has caused the blurring, maybe the problems all combined.
Herbal Eyewash
I mixed up a little batch of the eyewash and after using it was amazed at the difference, it immediately cleared my vision. I find that I need to follow through about six times a day, because the blurriness starts to come back after a few hours. Please note that you do not use the extract straight from the bottle, it is used with water to make an eyewash.

To use the extract:
Boil distilled water and then fill
glass eye cup with the hot boiled distilled water. Start with adding one drop of Eyebright formula and work up to between three to five drops of extract. Let cool. There will be a burning sensation when using the eyewash at first. This is due to the stimulating effect of the cayenne pepper and will do nothing but good to the eyes. Tip head back and apply the eye cup to eye. Exercise eye while doing this as though you were swimming under water. Do this three to six times a day and take two capsules or a cup of the tea, morning and evening. Use separate solutions for each eye.

Because I have dry eyes I can’t handle the cayenne very well, so what I do is I get a bottle of
Dr. Christopher’s Herbal Eyebright and a bottle of Western Botanicals Herbal Eyewash Formula without Cayenne. I use one drop of Dr. Christopher's Herbal Eyebright formula with 3 - 4 drops of Western Botanicals Herbal Eyewash. I’m finding that about 95% of the time now I don’t need to put on the reading glasses, and that was after one day using the Herbal Eyebright Eyewash. I will update how I am doing from time to time and at the end of six months get my eyes checked to see how they really are doing. The committment will be worth it, because the difference so far is amazing.

The
eye ailments page on Herbal Legacy as well as the page on the Herbal Eyebright have some great case histories of people’s experience following Dr. Christopher’s program. It isn’t an immediate fix as none of the programs are. It takes time and it takes patience but most of all it takes opening the bottle and using it.

You can purchase these and other great healing products at Herbs First.

3 comments:

  1. Comment from a reader:
    Hi Kathryn,
     
    Sorry to hear about your eyes! I just wanted to share a tidbit I read in an Ayurvedic book. One drop of pure castor oil (without preservatives) placed in the eye at bedtime lubricates the cornea and the conjunctiva and hels to remove molecules of kapha from the lens. It helps to clear and prevent cataracts from developing. I didn't know if Herbs First carried pure castor oil- it is a great book and the natural remedies are so amazing! The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies, by Vasant Lad.
     
    Have a great day!
    Debby

    I love it when people comment back to me things that can help me. I will add this to my program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started about the same time that I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid ARthritis. I was able to overcome the arthritis with an occasional flare-up now and then, but the dry eyes and dry mouth persist. The dry mouth has gotten much better with all that I've done, the eyes somewhat better but damage is there. I know that the Herbal Eyebright helps repair the damage. Allergy season is very hard on my eyes. I just need to be persistent and am still working towards total wellness with the use of herbs and diet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry eye syndrome is a chronic lack of sufficient lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye. According to Arizona eye care Dry eyes also are described by the medical term, keratitis sicca, which generally means decreased quality or quantity of tears. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca refers to eye dryness affecting the cornea and conjunctiva.

    ReplyDelete