Monday, November 9, 2020

Put something hot on your salad!

 Eating whole foods plant based made me wonder how I was going to make my taco salad. I like to have something hot on my lunch salad on cold days. I really like how this turned out and it hits the spot for me. We use this filling in burritos as well. This recipe is one I came up with. 

 
Taco Salad or Burritos - WFPB
2 cans or 2 2/3 C black beans
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 large onion
5 garlic chopped cloves
1 large green pepper
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 small can green chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
¾ cup left over cheese sauce
 
Cook garlic, onion and green pepper in a bit of water for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
 
Drain and add black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn and seasonings to the pan with your cooked garlic, onion and green peppers. Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes or until the beans have softened.
 
Add rice and cheese sauce to the pan and mix until it's fully incorporated with the other ingredients.
 
Use as a taco salad, burrito or eat it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment