Friday, March 17, 2017

Bentonite Clay - Eat It and Wear It


Bentonite Clay in dog bowl of water    We first learned about using Bentonite Clay about two years ago. We have used it off and on and lately my mantra has become, if I don’t know what to do, use clay! The best part is, every time I have been stuck and not known what to do and used the clay it worked!  My dog was obviously not feeling well this weekend and after a day of not eating and throwing up I finally just mixed the clay in with her water. I don’t think she drank very much of it, but the next day she was feeling much better and the day after that was back to her old self and saved us a trip to the vet.

small jar of Bentonite Clay    I like to keep a small jar of clay to use on my face. I love how it makes my face look and feel and for pennies over you can buy at the store. Having this little jar saved me on our recent trip. I had a huge zit break out on the side of my nose that was quite painful. I applied the clay several times a day and it kept the problem to a minimum and cleared up quickly.

Bentonite Clay jarWe keep a large jar of clay to use for bigger problems. I recently had a rash on the back of my knee and had been trying everything we had from the Coconut Oil based BF&C ointment, essential oils and grape seed extract. Nothing was working and it became very red, inflamed and painful. My husband finally suggested using the clay and he applied it to the back of my knee two nights in a row and it got it calmed down to the point where the ointment could do its work. 

    Clay has been used for thousands of years to prevent and cure ailments.  It is very effective in removing toxins from the body including radiation, clearing up dysentery, food poisoning diarrhea and other digestive problems. Bentonite Clay is very alkaline and is very useful in neutralizing heartburn, reflux, and upset stomachs.  It contains over 60 trace minerals and makes a wonderful electrolyte replacement that helps with hydration.  To use, put one teaspoon of clay in a large glass of water and mix.  Let it sit for 30 minutes, mix and drink the clay, or let it settle to the bottom of the glass overnight and drink the liquid and throw out the clay.  Drink lots of water to help flush out the toxins it is collecting. The dry clay can also be capsulized.

    We were amazed to learn about the external uses of Bentonite Clay to heal burns, road rash, broken bones, sprains, insect bites including brown recluse spider bites, ear aches, infections including MRSA and more.

Western Botanicals Bentonite Clay    After two years we are sold on using the clay, especially when we don’t know what else to do. The Western Botanicals Bentonite Clay we sell is from the Redmond Clay company. I like to keep several bags on hand as they won't go bad.  Buy some and see what it will do for your family!

    Hydrated Bentonite Clay is made with two parts water to one part clay. To prepare the clay pour one cup of dry clay powder into a quart-size glass jar. Add a cup of water and pour it into the jar, then put the lid on the  jar and shake vigorously. Add another cup of water to the mixture, shake it again, and leave it on the counter  overnight.  By morning the clay will be fully hydrated and ready for use, with a consistency similar to mustard. I always have some wet clay on hand for immediate use in time of need.

Read our past newsletter about Bentonite Clay. Follow this link to a great PDF booklet from Redmond Clay telling more uses of the clay as well as some great photos.

Order online at Herbs First, or phone in your order 801-228-1901.

Have a great month!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment