Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Do you prefer Melaleuca or Tea Tree Oil?


    The species name of Tea Tree oil is Melaleuca alternifolia, so that was a trick question – they are one in the same!

Garden Essence Tea Tree OIl    We have a niece and her friend visiting with us, they came out for a church sponsored youth week. We picked them up from the event on Saturday and Jessie (not her real name) asked me if we had a doctor or nurse in our church. I asked why and she said showed me the worst infected zit I have ever seen. It was sitting under her glasses at the side of her nose, so luckily the glasses did a good job of hiding it!

    She had gone to the nurse the night before who had put a glob of Neosporin on it, and from the looks I could tell that it was quite painful. I mentioned that I would use Tea Tree oil on it in which my niece replied that they use that all the time at home. I had taught them about it quite a few years ago when my brother-in-law ended up in the hospital for a few days when a bug bite went haywire, turning into blood poisoning running up his leg!

    When we got back to the house I gave Jessie the Tea Tree oil to put on the zit. By morning it was much improved, the swelling was at least half way down and was no longer oozing pus. Today, Monday it was scabbing over and the swelling another halfway down from the day before. I should think by the time Saturday rolls around and they head back home that it will be completely healed.

    Tea Tree oil is anti-fungal, antibacterial, antibiotic, anti-microbial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory – what a list and what a great oil! I bought the 2 oz. bottle back in 2011 and we are on the last little bit of it. We have really gotten our monies worth out of it over the years, and in looking at the issues that other people have dealt with and the costs involved, the few dollars spent on a bottle is well worth it!

    My niece has some acne, so I made her a roller bottle with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender and Frankincense, mixed with Nature's Way Liquid Coconut Oil. Tea Tree oil helps the pours to stay clean due to all of its properties. Lavender reduces redness and helps blemishes recover faster. Frankincense helps to reduce the appearance of scars, controls sebum production, and tones skin. I’m excited to hear how it works for her.

Order online, or phone in your order. 801-228-1901.

Have a great month!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment