Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I didn't know a sneeze could cause so much pain


Last Friday morning I had the windows open to take advantage of the nice little breeze.  A big wind came up and my husband ran around shutting all the windows, while I had a sneezing attack.  After sneezing about ten times I realized that I had thrown my back out in my “funny spot”.  This spot is in the lung area on my left side and it really isn’t funny when it goes out.  Every time I coughed or sneezed the pain was an intense stabbing pain.  Luckily I was able to get in to my Chiropractor,  he is the only Chiropractor that can ever get this spot back in for me.  I guess he is stuck with me, good thing he is younger than I am!!  After he got me all adjusted he asked if it felt better. I said no, but it never does feel better until I get some herbs in me to calm the muscles down.

    I started taking the Complete Tissue and Bone Formula along with the Pain Relief Formula and Anti-Inflammation Formula.  By bedtime I was still hurting so took some Kava Kava* which will usually do the trick of relaxing the muscles.  I woke up in the morning feeling worse than the day before and felt bad all day long, especially when I sneezed or coughed. I  took it easy all day and continued with the herbs hoping that by the next morning I would feel better.  That night before bed I asked my husband to put the Deep Heat Ointment on my back.  When I woke up in the morning I was still hurting but not as bad.  I had my husband put Deep Heat Ointment on me again and by early afternoon I was feeling much better.  He put it on me again before bed just to make sure. 

    I had been thinking that I would have to go to the Chiropractor again on Monday, but when I got up this morning I felt great!  It is amazing the difference the Deep Heat Ointment made.  I sure wish I had used it Friday, but at least the herbs work when you finally use the right one!

    I know people that have gone to the ER with problems like this.  They usually end up getting some muscle relaxant drugs, but to just walk into the ER is about $350.00.  My Chiropractic visit was $38.00 plus a few dollars in herbs.  I’m glad I know how to take care of myself, it sure saves us a lot of money!
  Deep Heat is a Western Botanicals formula that I talked about a few months ago. You can read that blog here.  The $13.00 I spent on this bottle of Deep Heat Ointment has been so worth it! I love to use it on my shoulders and neck, it is so relaxing.  This is the best thing to relieve tired and sore muscles!

*Kava Kava
is a great muscle relaxant herb.  
Kava Kava is available in capsules, bulk and extract.

Herb Lectures  My favorite educational CD’s are Dr. Christopher’s Herb Lectures.  These are the lectures you hear when you are on hold at the School of Natural Healing.  Ten CD’s are in the series for $62.95.   You can learn just about everything that Dr. Christopher ever taught on these CD’s.

     David Christopher,  Master Herbalist from the School of Natural Healing who is Dr. Christopher's son is available for short free consultations - Monday - Thursday 1:00 - 2:00  mountain time.  He is available for longer consultations for a minimal fee.  Please call 1-800-372-8255.


    You can order online at Herbs First or call in an order at 801-228-1901

No comments:

Post a Comment