Thursday, March 3, 2011

K skiing My husband and I went cross-country skiing about a month ago, my first time in about fifteen years! I had forgotten that I need to wear a thin pair of socks under my heavy socks to protect my feet from blisters. About twenty minutes into our little adventure I knew I had made a mistake because I could feel the blister on my heel. Since I knew it was too late to do anything at that point I went as far as I could go before we had to turn back. I had a fun time and sure would have enjoyed a much longer time skiing had I been better prepared.

When we got back to the car I took off my boot to access the damage. The popped blister was about half an inch high by an inch long and hurt like the dickens. We dropped by the store to pick up some large Band-Aids and when we got back to our condo my husband and I discussed how I should treat this sore. I was a bit unsure so left it uncovered for about half an hour, where it was starting to dry up and I could tell that it would scab over, but with movement would be constantly breaking the scab. I went with my husband's plan to cover the band aide with Complete Tissue and Bone Ointment and replaced the bandage daily for a week. For a couple of days it was sensitive to the touch, but after a week the skin had re-grown and I could finally uncover it. I have used the Complete Tissue and Bone Ointment on unpopped blisters the same way and had them heal overnight. Much preferable to having them pop and have to go through a week of healing.

A few months ago my husband had gotten his finger badly pinched in a ladder. The fingernail looked like it was going to end up falling off since it had bled under the nail. He covered the fingernail in Complete Tissue & Bone Ointment to try to keep the nail from falling off. He was very diligent and the nail never fell off, but slowly grew out.

I think most people feel that sores should be left to the open air, that is certainly what my Mom taught me. I was amazed at the nice healing that took place in both instances. Dr. Christopher taught that with burns to keep the burn wrapped and apply the Complete Tissue and Bone Ointment (or Comfrey Paste) a half-inch thick or more over the entire area that has been burned, scalded, etc. Cover with gauze and bandage lightly. Observe area from day to day and if paste has been absorbed add more on top of the original application. Do not remove original, just add to it when needed. Most burns will heal completely within a few weeks. This is far better approach than what most people go through with severe burns. Read some great healing stories on Herbal Legacy.

Order online or call me and I'll be happy to take your order. 801-228-1901

No comments:

Post a Comment