Monday, November 30, 2009

Coconut Oil to the rescue


I woke up in the early hours this morning with my eye hurting and realized that I was getting an ulcer on my cornea which is different from an eye infection. I have dealt with this problem for many years and the last time I had this problem was in January & February which lasted over a three week period. This type of infection is not to be taken lightly, it is a stabbing pain in the eye along with incredible sensitivity to light. Being an ulcer it is wears holes in the cornea and if it is in the line of vision will result in distorted and even loss of vision. I spent close to $300.00 in doctor bills and eyedrops last winter and wasn’t getting anywhere until I decided to try the coconut oil cure.

Coconut oil kills virus & bacteria and I found then as now that taking it internally will help the problem quite quickly. When I first realized that I was getting an ulcer I drank a glass of coconut milk since it is high in coonut oil. Later when I got up it was still hurting so I popped my oil bottle into hot water to melt the coconut oil and started taking a tablespoon of oil about every half hour. After about three doses my eye finally stopped hurting. I have continued to eat a tablespoon of oil every few hours throughout the day and will continue to take it for a few days to make sure the problem is taken care of. Wow, knowing this works has saved me a lot of money and better yet, saved me the pain I have gone through in years past when these infections hit me.

There has been a lot of research on using Coconut Oil for many health issues including diabetes, AIDS, stomach ulcers and more. You can learn more in the book Coconut Cures. I enjoy cooking with coconut oil and it makes the food taste better. I love to dribble coconut oil on my steamed vegies, cook my food in the oil and use it in my baking. Coconut oil is great for the skin and we have gone through quite a bit of the oil using it externally. We made homemade scones a few weeks ago and usually I can’t handle the smell of fried foods in my house. The scones were very delicious and did not leave that awful smell in my house. Coconut oil doesn’t change when heated and is a very safe oil to eat.

We have great pricing on our coconut oil with a low shipping cost of $10.00 for up to 4 gallons of oil.

You can purchase Coconut Oil at Herbs First.


2 comments:

  1. I'm understanding more of what is going on with my eyes this week. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and it is really flaring up and the dry eyes (Sjogren's is related to arthritis). I've done great for years without problems. I had to re-read about it and it talks about stress causing flare ups. I have a lot to be stressed about, but mostly because my Dad is dying and I"'m not there to be with him. My husband is unemployed and will be starting school in January for three years, he's 54 and this isn't something that we had ever planned on. I had been taking lots of Mindtrac, but haven't taken much in the last two weeks. I have lots of really sore joints and then the eye thing, which is all related. So now I am back to taking Mindtrac and eating coconut oil until this all clears up. I started yesterday and my joints feel a lot better already. Weird how one thing can affect another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that you continue to be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing about the coconut oil- it's new for me, and fascinating!

    ReplyDelete